Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clean and Simple

Hello, ladies!

It's been a little while since you've heard anything from me. Whitney alluded to family obligations in an earlier post this week, and that would certainly apply! My husband had knee surgery last week, so I've been home taking care of him. I thought I would get a lot accomplished, but taking care of a loved one sometimes requires a bit more of you than you anticipate. *snicker*

Now that my patient is feeling a bit better, Whitney and I are spending some time in the craft room working on new product. We have lots of new packs "in process" and we're anxious to get it all finished!

Today's card is part of a new Simply Thank You pack. True to Whitney's style, this is a very clean and simple (CAS) design. Our color scheme is based on this week's Embellish Color Trends Challenge. Our use of the color palette is a bit more subtle than you might expect. We chose the beige as the base for the card, then stamped the trees in the darker brown, and used the lighter cocoa color for the sentiment. Aside from incorporating the chosen color scheme, we're also required to incorporate birds in our card. And we knew just where to turn - the Papertrey Through the Trees set! The birds provided the perfect element for the pop of blue required for the color challenge.

Some of you may be thinking, "I think I've seen this card somewhere before." Well, you have. We CASEd ourselves! Clever, no? *wink*

We hope you've enjoyed your stop by today. We look forward to bringing you more product posts in the next several days!

1 comment:

Mariana Grigsby said...

Fabulous! I love your CAS design! Thanks for playing along with us!