Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Classic Grid to the Rescue

Good evening, everyone! We've had another round of severe weather here, but now the sun is shining brightly on its western descent and putting on quite a show of color as it makes its way to the horizon.

We're bringing you another Mother's Day card design today. Today's card is based on a grid sketch that I found to be very effective for drawing attention to the card's focal point. I think you can agree that your eye goes right to the sentiment and image before taking in the other wonderful card elements. We had the perfect patterned paper on hand to complete our grid, and the touch of green solidifies the garden theme.

I just love how this card turned out. While I wouldn't classify this as a "traditional" card, it's clean and simple and pushes the envelope on my usual style and was perfectly executed by Whitney. I love to use sketches and color challenges to push me outside of my comfort zone b/c so often it results in a beautiful card like this one that goes into my file of favorites. This is certainly a design that we will be able to turn to again and again with much success.

I hope you've enjoyed your stop by today. We have two more designs to share with you this week all of which are currently available for order!

No comments: