Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sitting Next to You

Good Tuesday, everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend as much as we did. The weather finally cooled off and it turned out to be the most wonderful weekend to be outside. And so I spent the majority of it out in my new outdoor kitchen/entertaining space!

Unfortunately, because I was so interested in lounging around outside, I wasn't paying very good attention to the challenge deadline calendar for this wonderful creation. But I shall give props to the inspiration challenges anyway.

Last week, Whitney told you about a client of ours who asked for pet sympathy cards. This particular client runs a boutique catering to pet owners and she hasn't been able to find "good" pet sympathy cards. In my own experience, I know exactly what she's talking about! So I've always made my own. And now we'll be providing some of our personal designs to others for those times when you need to express condolences to friends on the loss of their furry loved ones.

This card was made with cat owners in mind. I don't know if your sweet kitties are anything like mine, but they are definitely lap companions. And my furry felines always bring to mind the phrase "Sitting next to you is my favorite thing to do." I believe this sentiment goes both ways.

Our design was inspired by this Sweet Stop Sketch. It was perfect for creating our little living room scene. And what better to make the scene more realistic than a little felt! The gals over at Moxie Fab challenged us to use felt and we knew it would work perfectly in this design. We popped it up to give the scene a little more depth and dimension. The muted color scheme really draws your eye to the couch where the kitty sits.

When all finished, we really loved how this one turned out. Hope you do too!

No comments: