Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'll Take Two!

We're going on FIVE days of being snowed in here in N. Texas. Can you say stir crazy??! LOL! So what's a crafter to do when her partner in crime lives across town? Well, you Skype, of course! Whitney had a great idea for a card, but I just wasn't "getting it" through email or text. So we hopped on Skype and talked it out. Technology ... what would we do without it?! *heehee*

Today's card was inspired by the white space challenge over at 365 cards. We talked through all kinds of approaches to this challenge before settling on one - from buttons to ribbon to glitter. We were finally able to settle on a simple yet ingenious design that really fits the bill!

As you've heard quite a bit this last week, we are currently in the process of designing new product. One potential client has asked us for girly cards that sparkle b/c that's what appeals to her boutique customers. And that's how Glitzy Glam was born. This is the first card in that line, and we're simply smitten with it! I mean, what girl doesn't love glam that involves shoes, right?! I'll take two! *snicker*

I started with a super-sparkly pink base layer cut from a piece of DCWV glitter cardstock. Next, to meet the white space challenge, I cut a 3.5" circle from the cardstock, leaving the white base layer of my card exposed. Then it was time to build the focal point.

On one of my many forays to Michaels, I picked up some gem images for $1/pc. I knew they would be perfect for our boutique packs, and as you can see, I was right! In order to make the focal image pop, I mounted it on some SU! eggplant cardstock and cut it out. I affixed it to a small scalloped circle cut from my pink glitter cardstock and popped it up on two layers of dimensionals to really draw the eye to the center to the image. Next, I built some lovely Primas from the Calypso collection, drawing in our two primary colors - pink and purple. To add even more sparkle to the card, I covered the brads I used as flower centers with Crystal Effects and then coated them with some Martha Stewart tourmaline glitter. I slid these beauties underneath the oh-so-fab shoe and *voila*! Aren't you just in love? Makes me think of Cinderella at the ball!

Well, ladies, with some good crafting work under the belt and out of the way, I'm off to check on the cinnamon rolls that are warming in the oven. Yum! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards :-)